Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Playing Outside

I looked out the window to see him so entranced with his toy...so focused on the task at hand.  I smiled.  Its wonderful weather and everyone is outside enjoying it.  As I continue cleaning inside I continue to check on him - we have a huge yard, but I like to keep an eye out for him. 

Minutes turn to hours and since the inside of the house was clean it was time for me to get outside too.

"Having fun?" I say.
"Yup!" 
"Ready for a break?" I ask.
"No..."

So I sweep, clear my garden out and as the sun sets, he finally joins me on the patio to sit.  Dexter has been playing very hard with his new chainsaw.  We have so many trees and branches down now.  Its far from lovely, but Dexter had a good day.  We accomplished so much because the kids were at Grandma's, otherwise I never would have allowed Dexter to spend so much time playing with his new chainsaw.  I always wondered where Flip got it from.

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment