Sunday, March 13, 2011

Boundaries

Boundaries are good.  Everybody needs to set them, but it can take some time.  For example, the never ending fence project going on in my yard right now...or should I say not going on right now. 

The holes are dug, the posts are in, the concrete is set!  But thats it!  Everyday the fence team we hired says they will be here bright and early. 

10 a.m. Nothing
11 a.m Nobody
12 p.m. Not a sound

They have the punctuality of the cable company!  3 o'clock rolls around and they show up smiling and cheerful.  Maybe they just woke up.  I would be cheerful if I got to sleep in.  I did't say a single sarcatic comment, but believe me I was holding back.  I certainly can't piss them off before the fence is done.  So in order to make them speed up the process I leave Flip outside with them to play 20 Questions, over and over again.  Then phase two of my plan:  I attempt to do yard work while keeping Vivian in my sight. 

Half an hour of me hollering for her to come back or not touch the hedge trimmer and those workers are in a flurry of activity.  Wow, they worked fast.  So the fence isn't done yet, but lets just say its going a little quicker.  I guess they had pitty on me and saw my extreme need to contain my kids.  How thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment