Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To watch or not to watch

We have a DVR.  Originally, Dexter approached me with the idea of getting one.  His argument was that he could record his shows and watch them once the kids are in bed.  It sounded just PERFECT!  So we got the DVR for an extra $50/month.  And Dexter did record shows to watch them later.  But he also is watching a lot more since he can record shows simultaneously.  While the amount of TV that Dexter watches is borderline divorce worthy its really just a sidebar...I really want to talk about my shows.

I don't watch that much TV.  I record shows but end up deleting them because I never get around to watching them anyway.  However, I am a HUGE fan of Cake Boss.  I think it appeals to my sugary side - HA!  I keep a towel around to soak up my drool.  All the cakes look so good, so good in fact that on a recent trip to NYC to visit my oldest sister, Leanne, we made a trip to Hoboken to get some cupcakes and lobster tails.

I still dream about those...ahhhhh.  I have noticed that when I watch I want to make cupcakes, cookies and brownies (stuff out of a box) right away.  So the question now is, do I watch it and torture myself more now that all carbs are off limits?  Even thinking about it I want to go grab something sweet and delicious.

WAIT.  I MUST STOP DOING THIS TO MYSELF.  I want sugar NOW!!  I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment