Thursday, March 24, 2011

More Spring Stories

While Spring is my favorite season, I think its the least favorite for every one else in my family.  And I can sum it up with one word: BOOGERS!  Their allergies are horrible.  Even Vivian is on three types of allergy medicine everyday.

Flip looks as though he is crying all the time.  His eyes just water up all day and I doubt its because he finally has grasped the sadness of the movie Bambi.  And Dexter, well he reverts back to his childhood when he gets sick.  Its infuriating really.  I tell him I have two snotty kids to deal with so he shouldn't add to it.  I did finally schedule a doctors appointment for him, but that is the extent of me mothering him. 

Vivian sees me heading for the tissue box and starts running and crying.  I really should invest in paper companies.  Families with toddles keep those businesses in the black - kleenex, wipes, diapers, paper towels.  We have money set aside every month for incidentals.  Its sits in an envelope labeled "incidentals." Gosh, aren't I creative?  I think I shall relabel it "paper products"  either that or "Dexter's dry cleaning." 

Sorry, I got off track.  So she sees me go for the tissue and I chase her down and and wrestle her to submission.  "BLOW!"  She does, she also cries - loudly.  This is why I wait till the green 11 is all the way down to her lips...its just such a hassle and I have been wiping noses for months now, so trust me it gets old.  To get Vivian to stop crying I just say "BOOGERS!"  The crocodile tears cease immediately and she happily  inspects that glob of snot she just blew out. 

Kids have an uncanny ability to amaze and irritate me simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment