Sunday, March 15, 2009

im pregnant, not broken

I was uber-excited when I got a referral from a friend. The real estate market has left me with too much time on my hands lately. I did all my research and had a great listing presentation ready. I show up, shake the guys hand and immediately he notices my baby bump. So naturally the conversation goes to when Im due. Then he asks, "Is this going to be a problem?"

WHAT?!?! A problem, for work? Um, NO. Im pregnant not broken or incapcitated. Geez. I know I bitch and compain a lot, but thats under an alter ego that not that many people see; in real life--especially work life--I'm capable, waddling Vicki.

I didnt realize I would be so insulted. Obviously the guy didnt understand that pregnant women can do stuff--its new mothers that cant. I can still live life, just with a few minor adjustments. For instance the AC is blasting much earlier than normal, I eat more often, nap if I need to and it takes me longer to take a flight of stairs. I am not impaired!! I am not broken!!

Not sure if I'm going to get the job now...not sure if its because I'm growing the next generation in my belly right now. He told me he would let me know. hmm. Maybe I dont want to list his condo anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment