Thursday, March 5, 2009

beauty

I hate it when someone says pregnant women are beautiful. Some certainly are, but no one believes it--at least while they are pregnant. People say it to make us preggo gals feel better about ourselves while we lug around all that extra weight.

I didnt shower sometimes for 3 days because I wasnt able to stand up with out getting sick (the last thing I needed was to have to clean the shower out). And since I was so sick I wasnt brushing my teeth either because my toothpaste made me gag. Try to find the beauty in that.

Then there is the surge of hormones that creates the "glow" for some, but for the rest of us (me included) its like we have the face of a 15 yr old boy. I had to go buy the specialty acne medicine so I could go out in public--if my stomach allowed it.

Lets see what else...oh, varicose veins. Thats another of my new experiences with this pregnancy. The vein bulges every time I move and it goes all the way up and down my leg. It frightens Dexter because it looks as though it will burst at any moment. And the doctor says there is nothing to do for it except wear support hose. Thats going to be fun in July.

And lets not forget stretch marks, swollen fingers and ankles, the mean manufacturers that make those hideous maternity clothes and last but not least--the whale look! And for your information NO pregnant woman ever wants to hear that her waddle is cute.

If you see a pregnant woman, give up your seat or the closest spot in the parking lot. And please be nice to her, especially now that you have an inkling of what we must go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment