Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dont complain to me

Normally I am a pretty sympathetic person and can sit and listen to young and old alike while they talk about what is bothering them. I even pick up what Dexter calls a "lost puppy" every few years. For those that dont know, a lost puppy is an individual that is friendless, usually overweight and in general down about life. For lack of a better word, I collect lost puppies. And you know what they say when you feed a stray dog--it keeps coming back.

It just so happens that these lost puppies of mine are constantly complaining to me. Not that I dont care, but--no actually right now I dont care about anyone's step brother-in-law's drama or how you cant seem to loose weight because I cant make it to the gym with you like I used to before I barfed all the time.

Im sorry folks, my sympathy is currently all used up--ON ME! So dont come whining to me about your husband, your smoking habit, your job problems etc. I just dont feel like caring. And if you had listened to an inkling of what Im going through you would shut up and bring me some freakin chocolate.

Its not just the lost puppies that complain to me. My sisters (of all people) even whine about their monthly visit from mother nature. Wah, wah, wah! So they have cramps for a few days and maybe a headache. Seriously?!?! I dont want to hear about it. For the love of all things good, try and cheer me up--at least until July. When my hormones are back to normal then I promise to listen and pretend to care...

Every time you feel like like life has handed you a lemon then you need to come see me. I can convince just about anyone that any situation is better than a horrbile pregnancy...trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment