Monday, November 16, 2009

so much fun!

All the magazines, tv shows, commercials, and stories out there are paint the picture that motherhood is all sunshine and lollipops. We are always smiling with a nice button down shirt, khakis, and our hair and makeup look great. Life as a mom is great--so they say.

In reality its poopy diapers stinking up the constantly messy house. Its too much laundry but you cannot find that ONE black shirt that hides your baby pooch. Its "mamma, mamma, mamma" and "why, why, why." Its you just laid down for the night and the baby starts to cry. Its bypassing the cute pair of earrings at Target so you have enough money for diapers. Its never getting out the door fast--ever again. Its whining, complaining, crying, pitching fits and neediness. And its certainly not all about you.

I love my children, but they cost money--lots of it. Dexter now works a second job till my real estate business picks up--which it wont be till these toddlers stop demanding so much of my time. So I stay at home while he works long days and weekends. Its very trying. He is tired when he comes home and the kids take his last bit of energy. Mine is sapped by 6pm and so is my patience.

So no money, no hubby, lots of everything else. And to top it off, Flip decided he would retaliate from my discipline by pulling back and hitting me today...ahhh, motherhood is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment