Saturday, November 14, 2009

Where are all the Southern gentlemen?

Vivian is growing by leaps and bounds. She has chubby little legs and and arms--its wonderful. But that also means my little butterball is heavy! She is pushing 15lbs and add the weight of the car seat I haul around everywhere and I get a little workout all day long.

Now what Im wondering is why the hell does no other person not see how obviously heavy this child + car seat is and open the DAMN door for me. Huh? Or Im I just more observant and courteous that holding open a door after I pass through is just second nature.

The other day Im dropping off the weed eater at the shop to get serviced and I ended up having to park on the hill just outside the shop. The guy inside watches me try to keep the door open while getting Vivian and the car seat out of the car, then we head around to the back, open the trunk and get an equally heavy weed eater, then we trudge up the rest of the hill to enter the shop. Guess who finally got up off his stool to talk to me. I thought I might have to go pick him up too. I sure hope he was entertained.

Does no one see what is wrong in this little story?

1 comment:

  1. well, the gentlemen certainly didn't migrate up to chicago.... !

    ReplyDelete