Saturday, November 7, 2009

WTF#2

I hate football! I hate it, hate it, hate it. During the Fall I see very little of Dexter (which means I see a lot of my little ones). He coaches soccer along with working a regular 9 to 5 for extra mullah, but its because he insists on me having all these kids. Diapers aint free!

So besides leaving at the crack of dawn to do an office job, he coaches 2 nights a week and then 2-4 games a weekend. It takes a lot of his time, but I never complain about him working so hard. What I can and do complain about is the additional time he takes to watch football. College ball, pro ball, soccer--you know what, if it has a ball in the game he is watching it. Thats what guys do b/c the two they were born with just isnt enough. Oh, ONE MORE--the tour de France. So sports season starts in July and ends in January of the following year.

Dexter is practically glued to the TV during the "season" and he watches intently as his team (which is any team playing no matter what college or city they are based in) plays. The bad thing is that he records them. So he can pause them to play with the kids, but strangely he still says "One more minute" quite frequently. This is a disturbing trend because he told me the reason we pay extra for the DVR is so he can pause it or watch it later in order to spend more time with us--you know, his family.

I hate sports. And never ever believe the lie about getting the DVR to spend more time with you. No, its to record two games playing at the same time. DVR is evil--pure evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment