Friday, December 4, 2009

half way there

A few hours after Vivian entered the world, Dexter leans over to say what I thought would be like "You are the awesomest woman ever" or "I love you, you did great." NO, he leans over and says "we are half way there."

Before I had actually gone through pregnancy and childbirth I had agreed with Dexter that 4 kids sounded just dandy. Just think of all the cute little outfits, the snuggles, artwork sent home from school, soccer games and baking cookies and Christmas--boy that would be fun.

So um, yeah, that whole pregnancy thing SUCKS and the labor thing really is a punishment from God. No person could think that up--here is a 9 lbs person with a big head...lets make it come out of that hole...well, you know how it all works. And then the kid comes home with you.

And so after going through labor times 2, the last thing a gal wants to hear is that her husband is fully expecting her to go through that 2 MORE times. Im pretty sure that I gave Dexter the same exact look I gave him while I was having a bad contraction.

Isnt there a class or something for guys on what to say and when? If you know of one, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment