Sunday, February 22, 2009

And so it begins...

After my third round of diarrhea I immediately go to my reference guide what to expect when youre expecting. And there is a little paragraph in there saying that while most women have nausea and vomiting there are a few who can add diarrhea to that delightful little list. Wow, Im a lucky woman, I get to experience it ALL. So when I had to run to the bathroom I never knew which way to approach the toilet—valuable seconds lost.

Now that Dexter and I live together he gets to see how fun the first trimester really can be. But the ever patient Dexter knows he must behave if he wants to keep his head. I bite heads off frequently when I’m about to start my period, so the excess hormones during pregnancy have the same effect for 40 long weeks. To be honest, I don’t remember being this irritable when I was pregnant with Flip -- maybe a little weepy, but not pissy. Poor Dexter.

As each day passed I became more exhausted and more nauseous. Dexter had to start feeding Flip breakfast and occasionally I told him to take him to his little school. I used to call my mom and tell her how proud of him I was. But now I realize that’s the minimum for what he should be doing since I’m going through a personal hell to bring his child into the world. He got me into this mess. Those were the days of few showers and little desire to even brush my teeth. Yuck, the thought of toothpaste still makes me gag. I had to change brands.

One day Dexter had the audacity to ask if the dishes in the dishwasher were clean. “Did you run it,” I ask sarcastically (my specialty). He actually thought while he was at work I left my bed for other things besides picking Ethan up or toilet time. If he wants a clean house he better start sweeping. It took him a few times to learn not to ask me.

This dragged on and I desperately hoped for my 12th week since that’s when the morning sickness started to subside during my first pregnancy. But even before I got to my 12th week the headaches started. What is this?!?! I didn’t have headaches with Flip. I thought all of your pregnancies would be similar—LIES.

The sympathy was running a little thin at my house. Dexter seemed to be spending less time with me. He even went to a bar one evening WITHOUT asking for permission first. Nothing makes me moodier than having to suffer in silence. I’m miserable and its all Dexter’s fault. He needs to listen to me moan and bitch while he massages my aching back. Needless to say that just didn’t happen. Well once, but it was a surprisingly short massage.

Now that I have another child on the way its time to really start potty training Flip. Dexter should help out. And he does, but not as much as I want him to. Because I reached my forth month and the nausea hasn’t subsided. That’s not right. And those headaches are leaving me more miserable than the nausea ever did. And Dexter doesn’t get it. He wants me to get out of bed! “Get out, shut the door, be quiet,” I said. There were a few weeks of giving instructions through my closed door. “Bathe Flip, make sure you brush his teeth, start the load of white laundry…”

Well, I'm crying a river over here because Dexter has to do more Daddy duties and clean the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment