Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Toy Chest

Enter into Flip's world and you will find dragons and dinosaurs, cars, trucks and tractors, actions figures with swords and Barbies.  He is all boy, believe me.  He loves to play, in fact he cannot go for more than an hour at home without asking me to play.  "Wanna play cars, momma?"

I just get so stinking bored of playing cars or dinosaurs that I added the Barbies - for Vivian.  Okay okay I say I added them for Vivan because it just sounds weird that I added them for me.  Vivian just tries to eat them she isn't quite at the Barbie stage. 

So now that I'm being honest...play time is a lot more bearable.  Its hard to imagine I am a car constantly racing and speeding - I'm a girl, I like pretty things.  Now I get to play the "Ariel" Barbie. Flip assigned her to me because she has long red hair and I also have to play Vivian's character which is the super tan Barbie with long brown hair.  Aunt Rere is the other brown haired Barbie that visits to give kisses and take pictures.  And Dexter is often the the "Woody" doll from Toy Story.

We still have the cars that speed and need to get stopped by the policemen cars.  We still have dinosaurs as pets and its just not playtime without a dragon attacking Ariel at least once.  I'm not emasculating my son, I'm just finding ways to making "playing cars" a little more fun for me.  Cause its all about ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment