Thursday, January 27, 2011

Advice: Part 5

My sisters and friends without kids wonder why I am always late.  This is a combination of my inability to manage my time, a procrastination gene I inherited from my moms side, and the fact I have two kids. Dexter always laughs when he sees my calendar.  "Really Vicki, you are going to the gym and a meeting at 10:30 tomorrow?"  Ooops.  And I don't remember a week growing up when I was on time to school every single day. It really has made a lasting impression.

And the last reason I'm always late is my kids.  They are so sweet and cute and hard to get ready in the mornings.  I have to allow 2 hours to get the three of us out the door without a fit pitched by any of us (yes, me included). 

And Mimi asks me why?  Well Mimi, try this and see if it answers your question.

1. Buy an octopus and a small bag made out of loose mesh.

2. Attempt to put the octopus into the bag so that none of the arms hang out.
3. Once step 2 is complete spill milk, coffee or whatever you normally have for breakfast on it (and yourself) and then start all over.
Time allowed for this - all morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment