Monday, January 25, 2010

Wii - Acronym for "Worst Initiated Idea"

This was my mother-in-law's (MIL) big Christmas gift. She actually said that she got it so she could spend more time with her boys. And since one son lives in Central America and the other is a 5 hour drive away at college it really means that she got it for Dexter to come over more. GREAT, PERFECT, What a fricking AWESOME idea!! At that moment I started to really hate her.

But then a thought crossed my mind, did Dexter actually convince her that she needed that? A few years ago the neighbor kid was over and Christmas was around the corner. Dexter actually convinced the kid to ask his own dad for a Wii. He got one and, surprise surprise, Dexter was over there all the time for about a month. With this in mind, I'm wondering who to direct my seething anger at...why not both?

So ever since Christmas, Dexter has found reason after reason to stop by his parents on the way home or go there on the weekend. He even went so far as to suggest I needed an fun night with just Flip and me. He took Vivian for the night while I took Flip to his favorite restaurant and then to a store that has half a dozen moon walks and slides. I called after about an hour and a half to check in and see if Vivian was doing OK...and guess where Dexter ended up going...his parents! SHOCKER!

So the moral of the story is if you want to see your husband dont get a Wii - Worst Initiated Idea (EVER)!

No comments:

Post a Comment