Saturday, January 30, 2010

I am...I am not

I am a mom of two uber-cute kids.  I like being a mom and with hindsight I am glad I started so young--because these kids wear me out, wear me down and in general make me smile and drive me nuts at the same time all day long.  I am off the clock when they sleep...motherhood is not a full time job, its a lifestyle.

I am not a maid.

I am a wife to Dexter.  I love that guy...I really do; and that is as big of an accomplishment as motherhood in my opinion.

I am not a maid.

I am a teacher to my children.  There is so much that parents - not schools - should share with their children.  And it goes beyond colors, numbers and shapes.  Parents should really teach their kids not to suck and by that I mean behave...all the time. 

I am not a maid.

I am a dog trainer...an unsuccessful, angry dog trainer.  I have a lab mix (who is mine from college and is wonderful) and a great dane (who was picked out by my husband and is far from wonderful - the dog, not Dexter).

I am not a maid.

I am a broken record...and out of time, those dishes aren't going to do themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment