Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Squishy

Squishy is a funny little word, especially when it comes from the mouth of your three year old when he describes his family jewels. Motherhood is truly entertaining.

Flip got out of the shower and after toweling off he runs around "free" while I chase him and call him Naked Baby--to his giggled delight (I cannot wait to torture him later in life by threatening to tell this to a girlfriend).

And as always when young boys are "free" those little hands gotta grab something. For those of you who dont know, the family jewels are a built in toy for boys. I never knew this--which is how I got pregnant in the first place. No, not really, but I grew up with three sisters and so I never knew that boys found their body so fascinating at such a young age; and of course we all know that the fascination continues into adulthood (honestly, I thought that all started with puberty).

Back to the story...So Flip, aka Naked Baby, is running around and he stops next to me, spreads his legs like he is doing a jumping-jack and grabs himself. "Mom, why is this so squishy?" I was trying so hard not to bust out laughing, but I did manage to get out that he needed to ask his father. I always try to include Dexter in child rearing--its only fair.

So at the age of three the awkward questions begin.

2 comments: