Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mute Button

All I want for Christmas is a mute button for Flip. He always picks the worst time to say things. A great example was a church tonight...

There was a Christmas performance this evening at church and the kids, including Flip, had 2 songs to sing. It was very cute. Afterwards the kids ran to find their parents and sat with us for the adult choir. Flip was getting antsy so I made him come with me to the ladies room.

I had to go, you know #2, and so I made Flip come in the stall because I still cant leave him unsupervised for that long. As I was going we discussed different things like what the handicap bars were for, why you cannot look under the partition into the other stall--you know, bathroom conversation.

We were alone so I was not self conscious about going #2 at all until I heard the door open. Someone else has to go too. Thats when the bathroom conversation went South (sorry couldnt help that). All the sudden Flip wants to talk poop. Really really really loudly Flip says, "Momma, why are you poopin?" "Momma why are you taking so long?" "Momma, I dont like it when you poop."

I know everyone poops, but I dont need that broadcasted to the entire ladies room. I wish at that moment that toddlers had a mute button.

No comments:

Post a Comment