Monday, April 25, 2011

As seen on TV!

There are stories you hear and you think there is no way that really happened.  Well this story may not be that fantastic, but it was certainly comical...

After an evening walk, Dexter let the dog off the leash and I went to water my garden.  Flip went across the street to talk to a neighbor with Dexter and I thought Vivian had followed me.  Of course, she didn't.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of movement.  I turned to see Vivian climbing in her stroller as it is barrelling down the driveway - the brake had failed!  I screamed and Dexter turned to see what was the matter.  We both break out into a run to get her before she rolls into the street.

Before either of us can reach her the stroller slams into the mailbox.  Saving her from rolling into the street was its final, noble act.  Vivian cried but only because she was scared.  I blamed Dexter for not paying more attention because that's my favorite thing to do.  And the mailbox was retired - which is really the best part of the story.  It was on my list of things to replace when we bought our house since it was hideous.   A nice happy ending, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment