Thursday, September 9, 2010

The garage door...

Its twilight in the burbs.  The kids are up from their naps (which means they have way too much energy) and the dogs are antsy because they ready to be fed.  I'm trying to cook something for dinner and then out of all the noises I hear all day long, I finally hear what I now consider the best sound in the world: the garage door opening.

Flip runs to the back door, the dogs go nuts and run around barking, and Vivian squeals like only a little girl can while she dances or jumps.  Everyone crowds around the back door.  DADDY'S HOME!!!

I had a friend who asked if I squealed and danced too.  "No," I said.  "I sigh with relief and head for the wine rack."

1 comment:

  1. i wonder if mom did that when we ran out the front door screaming 'daddy! daddy! daddy!' back in alabama... actually, maybe that's when she developed her wine habit :)

    ReplyDelete