Friday, August 19, 2011

Fwimmin'

So we joined a neighborhood pool which was the best decision we have made in like a decade.  Every other day the kids and I would swim for a few hours.  It turns out that swimming will really wear them out.  On the days that they swam bedtime came a lot sooner.  The kids tan very well.  They just think about the sun and their skin starts to bronze.  This is not a trait they inherited from their pale, red headed mother.  So by the middle of the summer they could go without sun screen, but I have to lather up with 50 SPF no matter what time of day or season we are in.  This annoyed them a little to have to wait that whole extra 2 minutes while I got ready.

"Mom, Come on!"

I have NO idea where they learned to talk like that.  Really I don't.  Every time we went to the pool we would stock up on water toys, floaties and food.  The toys were for the kids to fight over, the floaties were so the kids wouldn't drown and the food was to stick in their mouths when they started complaining.  Really.  But not really.

Flip is actually a good swimmer.  Dexter has coaxed into diving enough that now he will show off to anyone who asks.  He will dive down and get the little torpedo toys too.  I think I will sign him up for the swim team next year.

Vivian was nervous at first, but once she figured out how fun it was she would jump in as soon as I released her.  She would kick and use her little arms while announcing rather loudly, "I fwimming!"  I know I am biased but she really is the cutest little girl.

I like my kids.  I really do.  But I am tired.  The summer was fun, but it was non-stop entertaining them. That being said, I like my kids in school.  I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment