Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring stories

Spring is in the air!  I love the Spring, the flowers, the birds, the weather.  I don't know why, but I love to garden.  I guess I come by it honestly since gardening has been the passtime for family members on both sides. 

Yesterday as I was cleaning up the front flower bed and planting some things I looked over to see the differences in my two kids.  Flip is taking rocks and trying to hit bummble bees as they fly by.  I tried to warn him not to make insects with stingers mad...but I suppose he will have to learn that the hard way because the rocks kept wizzing through the air.  Completely opposite of the destructive nature that all humans with the Y chromosone seem to prossess was sweet, little Vivian in her flowery dress.  She stayed next to me jabbering away.  She would throw dirt on the newly planted flowers - copying me - and then bend over to smell them. 

It was too cute.  Both my kids and yet two completely different people.  Flip does take some interest in gardening when it comes time to water my plants.  This is more about getting the dog, his sister and himself soaked than really giving the plants a good drink, but I do like it when he participates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment