Saturday, March 19, 2011

Adjustments

The American Dream: A house with a fence, two kids and a dog.  I'm not sure who came up with that, but I need to make a few adjustments. 

A house with a fence AND a housekeeper.
Two kids AND a part time nanny.
A WELL TRAINED dog.

There, that sounds about right.  I used to think that a house would solve on my problems.   See, I used to live with my in-laws for two years, three months and seven days.  So we got a house.  Unfortunately the housekeeper wasn't included in the purchase.  And when we left the hospital with kid #2, no nanny followed us home.  Then we had the dog, but since I had to clean my house, watch the kids and everything else the training was sporatic.  

My advice is to still dream, but to be realistic.  My house isnt clean, but its home.  My kids are crazy, but great.  And the dog, well he has a new home with a professional dog trainer.  Something had to give and I wasn't about to move back in with my in-laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment