Friday, August 19, 2011

A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Do you remember that book?  I do! Alexander really did have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  Older siblings and kissing on TV can do that to a little boy, I suppose.  Poor kid.  I just so happened to have one of those days this week.  Not older sibling problems or kissing on TV problems - REAL problems.

It started like any normal day...I was woken up before I really preferred to get up.  I walked to the kitchen trying to shake off my morning stupor.  Then I fixed the kids some breakfast, nagged them till they ate it then argued over outfits before I was able to get them dressed.  Bur that's when the normalcy stopped...

I took the kids to school and left them there...so I was alone in the car...then I got home and donned my swimsuit...then I drove to pool...once I was situated on the lounge chair I read entire pages of my book without interruption...when I felt hungry I walked up to the poolside restaurant...I ordered my food and called Dexter to scare him.  This is how it went:

Me: Dexter, guess what I'm doing (I honestly thought I could hear him typing in the our bank account website to see how much I had just spent and where)?

Dexter: Oh, no Vicki!  What did you do?  What did you buy?  How much was it?

Me: I bought lunch.

Dexter:  That's it?  No therapy shopping?

Me:  Nope, I just wanted to call and let you know I was at the pool, eating lunch.

I didn't mean to rub it in since he was in his dreary office on such a lovely day.  OK, who am I kidding, I really did want to rub it in.  I'm that kinda girl.  After that thrilling conversation I left soaked up some more sun then left at my leisure.  It was so nice.

So it wasn't really a bad day - well, it was for someone, just not me.   Now that school is back in session, I finally get my vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment