Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Call the Movers, We're Going on Vacation

Its summertime, well not yet, but close enough.  I am sadly counting down the last days of school.  But I have some stuff planned to keep me and the kids busy - because busy kids aren't bad kids and busy moms yell less!  As I plan the weekends away and more extensive vacations I am a little daunted by the thought of all the packing.  When you have two kids it literally seems as though we are packing up the house.

This past weekend I got a taste of packing for four.  We decided to stay overnight at my dad's house so Dexter could be closer to the soccer fields he had games scheduled at the next morning.  A win-win situation really, the kids got to see their grandfather and Dexter didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn for once. 

The change of venue was great.  The kids had fun, the pool was open and my dad had them help with some landscaping by digging holes in the ground.  We were there for less than 24 hours, but my Honda Pilot was packed!

The dog and her food, the kids and their bags, diapers, wipes, 2 bikes, woofle balls and bats, shoes, swim suits, towels, water toys and noodles, play cars, a few dinosaurs, a Barbie, plastic pony, medicine, pacifiers, sippy cups, snacks for the hour drive, my bag, Dexter's bags and soccer gear (including cones) and a partridge in a pear tree. This took me a total of 3 hours to organize, pack and get in the car.

The amazing thing is it all fit.  The great thing is while repacking before we left, it still fit (its hard to replicate the perfectly packed trunk).  The crazy thing is thinking about packing for more than one night...I may need a bigger car.

No comments:

Post a Comment