Friday, April 22, 2011

Car seat, Schmar seat

I was driving down the road fast because I had already dropped Flip off at preschool and realized I forgot something.  I turn around and then I hear it...THE CRY.  I know that cry because the sound has been burned into my memory.  It is the siren that goes off before the flood gates open.  And I know what is coming after it...VOMIT, lots of it. 

Poor Vivian hardly touched her breakfast and now I know why.  But knowing why isn't that satisfactory because I also knew I was going to be cleaning up barf.  She did it for a good 45 seconds.  And as I tried to control my gag reflex long enough to get home I wondered where it all came from since she didn't eat much that morning.

While I suppressed the urge to up-chuck myself, I got Vivian out and took her to the bath.  She cried and cried.  Poor kid, she must have felt horrible.  After she was cleaned and dressed I went to the car.  Gosh it reeked.  I was saying lots of bad words about the inhumanly tight harness that secured the seat.  I finally got the seat out and thinking the hard part was through was a little relieved.

Oh, but no the hard part was getting the cover off the car seat.  Once again I discovered I had bought a baby item that was designed by someone who has never had a child or perhaps a man that paid little attention to his.  The cover would not come off.  I tried and tried, but it wouldn't stretch or give.  I pried a little portion off the seat and saw why...it is sown on. 

What kind of idiot doesn't foresee the need to remove and wash these things?  SERIOUSLY!  Eventually I gave up and got the scissors and cut the material away from the plastic backing.  I bleached that sucker and hosed off the plastic part.

Vivian is fine now.  In fact she bounced right back after a nap.  I cant say the same for the car seat cover.  I probably will have to sow on some snaps to fasten it back properly.  What a great idea...snaps on baby items for easy removal.  Works on Onsies and car seats! 

I need to patten this...

No comments:

Post a Comment